Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 2 (CCM)


 Hola! ¿Come le va?

This is your Hermana Dunagan reporting ;)

This week has been very long, hard, and beneficial! I had the opportunity to be on the streets of Buenos Aires! The dropped us off on the side of the road and we went proselyting, with the amount of Spanish I know majority of the conversations were " Hola! ¿Come le va? Somos misionerias de la iglesia Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos Dia¨" And then I got completely lost... Had no idea what anyone was saying, but after all of my fears and doubts I was able to get the courage and just try and start a conversation with a few people, no success with making contacts, but Heavenly Father taught me so much! He taught me patience, love, diligence, and that I can do this. Getting turned down isn't the scary part, but not being able to understand was difficult because I wasn't able to answer their questions of the heart. So my new goal for this week is to learn how to really listen to all of those around me in Spanish and English to really be there for others as Heavenly Father is there for each and every one of us!

I'm so grateful for my district after our long day of hard work we came back and at first we were all a little bit hard on ourselves, but we had a very spiritual testimony meeting and decided to change our course of action in learning the language and learning the gospel. Our room was filled so strongly with the spirit and I could feel Heavenly Father had so much for me to hear! He Really wants us to succeed, but we must first put all our effort into reaching our potential as missionaries as, members, as His children!

The temple here in Buenos Aires is beautiful I will try and send some pictures. We listened to the whole thing in Spanish last week which was good, but I definitely think I will be listening in English because I need to really here the blessings and wisdom that come from it.

My teachers are amazing I have been learning so much! It has been difficult and as we are approaching the third week they will no longer be translating for us and only speaking in Spanish! Aaaaahhhh.... It is a little bit scary but I Know that as we only listen to it and only learn our lessons in it we will do much better! Our district is doing and English fast on Friday, which means speaking no English the whole day not even to ask how to say something, so you can bet your money I will be attached to my dictionary all day haha!

We have been teaching our "investigators" (aka teachers) almost every day and now we have two different ones and yikes one of them is so difficult, but I'm trying to prepare myself to just really bring the spirit to those lessons because that is how Heavenly Father teaches and They need to learn from Him and not me, I'm just his instrument and servant and I want to be prepared to be what he needs for each person we come in contact with.

Please pray for my ability to be able to understand the language and to be able to succeed in the English fast!

We are getting a new CCM mission presidente on Tuesday! It is sad but good! I'm excited to learn from the new one as much as i have learned from Presidente y Hermana Openshaw! I love you all! I hope you are doing well!

One scripture I really liked this week, Melanie will appreciate it because it has to go with our motto, "No Excuses", Alma 39:13 That ye turn to the Lord with all your mind, might, and strength; that ye lead away the hearts of no more to do wickedly; but rather return unto them, and aacknowledge your faults and that wrong which ye have done. I hope that is correct I will double check to make sure and let you know next week if it is for sure. ;)

Keep going and remember He loves you! Trust in Him and your blessings will be great!

Love your favorite Missionary!
 Hermana Dunagan  


No comments:

Post a Comment