Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Hola! The halfway mark


Hola! I hope everyone is doing well! I have now been in the CCM For about 3 weeks crazy... Time has flown by! I have about 3 more weeks till I get back on the plan and head for Paraguay. 

 

Nothing crazy has happened, but the spirit has been so strong. We have been learning about faith in Jesus Christ specifically this week. Belief is a part of Faith but faith also includes action. When we fear it is the lack of action, it reminded me of being out on the streets of Argentina for the first time and not knowing how to even start a normal conversation or buy ice cream. It was very scary and intimidating. When I decided to just say a few more words to people and tell them about the Book of Mormon is when I received the courage. Courage and strength come after we have decided and have taken the action. it is like the leap of faith. As you stand on that ledge all sorts of things go through your mind and when you jump you find that the harness is there to catch you no matter what, if you are able to grab hold of the bar or not. Heavenly Father is always there to catch us, he wants us to keep trying, He loves us, and He sent his only begotten son so we could return to him but first we must Have faith in Christ and use his gift of the atonement and give up ourselves unto him! Read Alma 5, It is now my new favorite, it is so powerful and it really gets you thinking about if you can see Christs image in your countenance. 

 

As for news here in the CCM, we have a new Presidente! His name is President Willis and his wife Hermana Willis, They are so amazing i love them already and I just meet them last night for about 5 minutes, butI know they love the Lord and that they are here for a reason and are here for specifically me and others so they can teach us things we need to hear! 

 

My district is great! There is 2 sets of sister missionaries and then there are 3 sets of elders! It is amazing the spirit we have had in our disscussions and lessons. We have been growing together and really support one another. I shared my batman voice with them and now they have put Dunagan in for the batman jingle. haha I'm so grateful for each of there spirits and for the knowledge they have!

 

As for info I have heard about Paraguay there is some kinda legend, that elders from Paraguay believe to be true. It is about a Lobizon. Which is some kind of werewolf looking thing.... Not quite sure how I feel about it, but you should look it up, haha. 

 

I am so grateful to be here in the CCM. Teaching our I.P. ( teachers who pretend to be investigators) is difficult and the language is hard but Heavenly Father is really helping me to see my potential and has been teaching me about my faith. I have really been relying on my faith and on Jesus Christ to help me through everything, it isn´t easy, but it is rewarding. 

 

I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! I know that He created this plan so I could become like Him, so that I could learn and progress to my potential. I know that while he may give me trials that are hard to understand that he is trusting me to take those experiences and have them help me to understand who I am and who He wants me to be. I am His servant and His hands here on the Earth. I want to be "steadfast and immovable always abounding in good works"  I am a woman of God and want His trust always! I know that as we turn to the Lord and give everything up unto him on the alter of sacrifice is when we will become true disciples of Christ and when we will be humble and meek like Christ. I know that the temple is the house of the Lord and that He visits there often, that the family is central to His plan! He has given us the opportunity to be sealed for all time and eternity. What a blessing that is! I love each and everyone of you and your beautiful spirits. We each have our own divine role here on the earth and Heavenly Father has given us our free agency to decide who we will be and where we will go! continually strive to be the person Heavenly Father wants you to be! Have His presence with you every moment of every day, because there is no greater person to have on your side! 

 

I love you all and hearing from you just makes me so happy!!! :) 

Remember to be strong and to keep pressing forward! 

 

That is all for now! Have a great week! 

Love Hermana Dunagan!  

No comments:

Post a Comment